CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year - New Opportunity

A New Opportunity for A New Year

Someone once said, “Opportunities are seldom labeled.” However, I have always felt that every New Year is a new opportunity to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a new opportunity to move forward along life’s journey and to make one’s life more eternally meaningful.Because I believe 2009 is a new opportunity for the Lord, I have spent much time in prayer, Bible reading, and goal-setting for this year. I trust that you, too, have set some goals and you are trusting the Lord to use you in a greater way!It has been said, “He who aims at nothing hits it every time!” I would rather try and fail than never try to do the things God lays upon my heart. Let me encourage you to step out by faith in this New Year.For me and for the Northwest Baptist Church family, it is my heart’s desire that everything we do will be for the honor of Christ and for the furthering of His faith in this world. We are challenged to live “for the faith” and it is my prayer that generations to come will walk in the faith because of the goals and prayers that will be established this year.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I am praying that we take every opportunity that God gives us!!

ky preacher said...

I mentioned to our people last night I am anxious to see what the Lord will do for our church in this new year. Of course he will do great things if we only let him. I also mentioned that I am anxious to see what the Lord will do with us individually. No doubt in my mind that he wants to do wonders in us and through us.