CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

What Have You Done?

Mr 14:6-9 And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me. For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always. She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying. Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

One of the most impressive commendations our Lord ever made about a person is found in verse 8 regarding Mary of Bethany (Martha’s sister): "She hath done what she could." There was nothing more that she could have done! Could the Lord make this statement of me or you?

People find all sorts of EXCUSES for not doing what they could do.
A neighbor asked a farmer if he could borrow his plow. The farmer said, “I’m sorry, but my wife is combing her hair with it.” The neighbor was confused and asked, “How does she do that?” The farmer answered, “Well, she’s not really combing her hair with it, but when you don’t want to do something, any excuse will do.”

After a physical examination, a man said, "Tell me in plain language, Doc, what's really the matter with me?" "Do you want it straight? "Yes." "Well, there isn't a thing wrong with you except that you're just plain lazy!" "Okay," said the the listless patient, "now give me the medical excuse for it so I can tell my boss!"

God never holds you responsible for what you cannot do. God is not unreasonable. He asks for “your reasonable service” (Rom. 12:1).
“I am only one, but I am one; I cannot do everything, but I can do something. That which I can do, I ought to do, and what I ought to do, by the grace of God I will do!”

Notice what it doesn't say about this woman.
She didn't walk on water.
She didn't raise the dead.
She didn't heal the sick.
She didn’t build a temple.
She just "did what she could" - Amen!!!

•“I can’t give a million dollars, but I can tithe.”
•“I can’t sing like Squire Parsons, but I can make a joyful noise unto the Lord.”
•“I can’t paint a picture like Thomas Kincade, but I can help clean the church.”
•“I can’t preach like Dr Sightler, but I can invite people to church.”
•“I can’t win souls like Curtis Hutson, but I can pass out tracts.”
•“I can’t write a commentary like Matthew Henry, but I can write a letter to tell someone my testimony.”
James 4:17 "…to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin."

0 comments: