CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Come Apart Before You Come Apart

1. You Must Realize Your Need For Physical Rest – Mark 6:30-36 (God gave the Jews the Sabbath for both worship and physical rest. Six days a man was to work and rest on the seventh.)
a. Here we find the disciples weary from their service. They have labored in the vineyard of the Lord and have come back to report to Him.
b. Here we find the understanding and compassion of the Lord as he commands them to “Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while.” We are human and need to do so on occasion.
c. They departed to a desert place and the crowd followed them. The Lord, in His compassion, began to teach them.
d. The disciples said, “It is a desert place, and now the time is FAR passed: Send them away!”
1) There needs to be personal times of rest. (Personal hobbies are good for one’s rest.)
2) There needs to be family times of rest. (Vacations and special get-a-ways for the family.)

2. You Must Realize Your Need For Spiritual Rest - Luke 10:38-42

a. Rest In Our Salvation - Psalms 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
Psalms 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

b. Rest In Our Service – 2 Corinthians 7:5 For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears. (Sometimes you have to get alone in a quiet place for a little while.)
Mark 6:31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat.

c. Rest In Our Spirit – 2 Corinthians 2:13 I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia. (Continual spiritual warfare will wear on you to the point of exasperation if you do not handle it in a right manner.)
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Psalms 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

d. Rest In Our Sanctuary - Psalms 42:1-4 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. 2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God? 3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God? 4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
Psalms 122:1 I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. (God’s house is a sanctuary for the believer. A place separate and secure from the world. A place of glorious worship and spiritual rest for the weary.)

e. Rest In Our Saviour - Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Luke 10:38-42 Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word. 40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. 41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: 42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. (Spending quality time with Him. Not our scraps and leftovers of time, but good, quality time.)

0 comments: