CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

Who Messed Up Your Day?

Dr. Curtis Hutson said, “I have learned that I am the only one that can mess up my day.” That is a profound statement. He went on to say that he could not allow people, circumstances, health, money, or the lack of it, weather, or any other matter or event to be the determining factor in his level of victory and satisfaction. Bro Hutson had gotten hold on the truth in the statements of Moses who said, “the Lord is my strength and my song,” (Exo 15:2) and of David when he said, “the Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer,” (Psa. 28:7) and Solomon who said, “the Lord is my portion,” and the writer of Hebrews when he said, “the Lord is my helper.” (Heb. 13:6) The fact that Dr. Hutson was dying of cancer when he made the statement, make it even more profound.

I suppose that all of us have heard this truth many times but never really heard it. One man said “I heard that a long time before I heard that.” Another said, “I saw that a long time before I saw that.” What would it be worth to get hold of that truth and get as much from it as Dr. Hutson did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, to bring it all into perspective, I remind myself that it can always be worse.

bwilber777 said...

Thanks Pastor, I needed to hear that.

Don Porter said...

It would be life changing!