CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

IT PAYS TO REMEMBER

Psalm 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.
We are forgetful folks. That is one reason we are blessed with a complete Bible. It helps remember some blessings. We must not forget there are some spiritual things to remember; some precious things about God that ought to stand out to His people.
I. REMEMBER HIS WORD Joshua 1:3 “Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.”
We are to remember the Word that God sends our way. Moses wanted them to remember that God promised Israel rest and a land. Never forget from day to day the things God promises you in His wonderful Word. If we forget His Word we will falter, flop, and even fail.
Vance Havner said: “There are more Bibles sold and less read than any other book.” I can see this true more and more. We need to spend more and more time in this Bible as this world becomes more and more wicked.

II. REMEMBER HIS WONDERS 1st Chronicles 16:12 “Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, his wonders, and the judgments of his mouth
Psalm 78:10-11 “They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them.”
"Wonder" comes from the Heb. word "pala"–which means, "separate or distinguish." The passage of Psalm seventy-eight speaks of an event so great it is distinguished from normal events. The crossing through the Red Sea by Israel was definitely a miracle. Still today, God is a miracle working God. We would be wise to keep that in mind.

III. REMEMBER HIS WILLINGNESS Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Three times in this one verse alone, the Lord tells us that He will. That alone should be a great encouragement to us. He is our strength. He is our help. He is the one who is doing the holding. The Lord is willing and ready to help us with our problems, our pressures and our perplexities. That encourages us in prayer, because we know we do not have to convince Him to help us, He has already promised He would.

IV. REMEMBER HIS WAYS Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.”
God reminds us that our ways are not His ways. So many times, the way we want something is not the right way, but God’s way is always right. Remember how God took Joseph from the pit to the palace? This did not happen overnight. This probably took years. We show our impatience many times wanting God work now. It is in His time.

V. REMEMBER HIS WORKS Psalm. 143:5 “I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.”
God works are described in the Bible in the following ways. The works of God are—"marvelous"(1st Chro 16:12), "wonderous"(1st Chronicles 16:9), "great" (Judges 2:7), and as "wonderful" (Psalm 40:5). Don’t forget these things!
He is still working in this world today. He is still working on me. Remember the little chorus that is supposed to be for children but is so adaptable for many of us.
He's still working on me, to make me what I ought to be.
It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be.
He's still working on me.
I am glad He has not given up on me. The finished produce will be worth seeing because it will bring honor and glory to Him.

What can I say but lets remember Him. Ecc 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them”

1 comments:

Don Porter said...

Your blog for today makes me consider Pro 22:28 "Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set", which frequently crosses my mind.