The Psalmist answers this question for us. He describes for us…
I. The Nature Of Revival, vss. 1-3, 10-13
II. The Need For Revival, vss. 4-8
III. The Nearness of Revival, vs. 9
Note that in verses 4-8 the Psalmist uses the first person pronoun seven times. Who is it that needs revival?
1. The Unexcited, whose first love has grown cold.
2. The Unmoved, who are no longer stirred by sin, souls, or the Saviour.
3. The Unrepentant, who are unbroken and no longer blush at sin.
4. The Uncommitted, who are at ease in Zion and are saved spiritual slumberers.
5. The Unidentified, who have not obeyed our Lord’s command to be baptized or who have no commitment to His local church.
6. The Unsure, those dealing with doubt.
7. The Unsaved, for whom Jesus died.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Posted by Dr Dave Noffsinger at 12:02 PM